Welcome to the Township of Sparta's "Clean Communities" webpage. Here you will find information about the New Jersey Clean Communities program and how Sparta coordinates its efforts to provide local non-profit groups access to mini grants for "Adopt-a-Street" and "Adopt-a-Park" cleanup efforts as well as other civic clean up activities. Below you will find links to the application forms that the Towsnhip uses to authorize participating non-profit groups for receipt of the mini grants as well as a link to the State Clean Communities webpage which has additional resources available. We will also use this webpage to post announcements of community activities such as earth day celebrations, shredding events and other local\county-wide events that individulas and groups can participate in. Last but not least is an email address where you can ask questions, submit requests to participate in clean up activites and qualify for the mini grants, etc. Sparta Township is an active community and this program will assist those non-profit groups in their litter control afforts throughout the Township.
Mini Grant Application Form
NJ CLean Communities Webpage
- On April 28th a shredding event was held at the Township DPW fcaility. The event was well attended as over 130 vehicles came trhough the facility and shredded over 8000 pounds of confidential and business documents. A thank you to SK Papershred for providing the shredding truck and assisting with the event. Keep an eye out for a second event in November of 2018
- A shredding event was held on November 18, 2017 at the Public Works facility. Over 40 visitors brought as many as 10 boxes each of personal documents to be shredded. Thank you to our sponsor Lakeland who provided the hot coffee and donuts and to SK Shred for providing the shredding truck. Look for a second shredding event in April 2018. Check this page for details.
Rob Nicholson of Lakeland Bank and Skip Klimas from SK Shred
- Sparta Clean Communities sponsored a "NJ Wildlife and Litter Lesson" at the 2017 New Jersey State Fair in August. Dove Environmental a local education provider from Washington, NJ provided the instruction and information along with crafts for the children.
- SCMUA Earth Energy Day - SCMUA will be hosting a Earth Energy Day at their facility on Rte 94 from 10:00am to 12:00pm on April 21, 2016. Click the link for additional information.
- April 23rd, 2016 - Sparta Township in partnership with Project Self Sufficiency and the Hardware Store of Sparta is co-sponsoring a shredding event to be held at The Hardware Store of Sparta located at 182 Woodport Road in Sparta. Click the link for additional information